Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2005

New lenses: Sigma 24-70 3,5-5,6 D HF Aspherical

I have just received my new lenses. It is Sigma 24-70 3,5-5,6 D HF Aspherical. It has some advantages over my Minolta 28-80D 3,5-5,6:
  1. It is compatible with Minolta D lenses.
  2. It has inner focusing system.
  3. It is 4mm wider, than my current lenses - very important, when you have to deal with 1.5 crop factor. I will not miss this 10mm on the narrow end - this is not a big issue for D7D.
  4. It looks nicer on D7D body;-)
  5. It was really, really cheap: roughly equivalence of $60.
Here is a link to the official detailed description.

Of course this is not the end of spending, unfortunately. I need at least a UV filter, a circular polar filter, and P adapter for my Cokin system.

I wonder if I should buy a UV filter from the top shelf, or cheaper one... For the time being, I have read that multicoating is very important in digital photography...

Fortunately, I have a polar filter 58mm. I will use a reduction 62mm -> 58mm- I hope vignetting will not be a big issue. The CCD matrix is smaller than film, besides, even if sigma has 62mm filter diameter, than the diameter of glass seem to be smaller than on my Minolta 28-80 with 55mm filter diameter.

Since I bought this lenses, now I can have my analog Dynax 5 in working state at the same time.

No comments: